[yocto] Creating a new recipe

Giuseppe Di Guglielmo giuseppe.diguglielmo at gmail.com
Fri May 5 07:40:23 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I am trying to create a new recipe for Bazel (from Google):
https://bazel.build/versions/master/docs/install-compile-source.html

The standard compilation flow is relatively simple: "Unzip the archive and
call bash ./compile.sh; this will create a bazel binary in output/bazel.
This binary is self-contained, so it can be copied to a directory on the
PATH (such as /usr/local/bin) or used in-place."

I need some support on how to debug the recipe file that I attach.

In do_compile(), I run bash ./compile.sh. This requires the JAVA_HOME
variable that I export hard-coded because at the moment I do not know how
to fetch that path in a recipe. At this point the compile.sh fails and I do
not know how to debug. Please, can you have a look at it and provide me
some comments?

do_compile () {
        export
JAVA_HOME=/home/giuseppe/research/projects/zynq/yocto/build/tmp/work/zc702_zynq7-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/lib/jvm/openjdk-8
        bash ./compile.sh
}

Giuseppe