[yocto] zombie Cookers with taskexp??

Mills, William wmills at ti.com
Thu May 4 12:17:00 PDT 2017

Hello,

This is just a heads up.

Last week I was using master branch of oe-core & bitbake and trying various things.  I was alternating between running bitbake for building and running taskexp UI.
I was not [intentionally] running a memory resident bitbake.  Taskexp may do that under the covers but I was not doing that at command line or sourcing the -memres variant of the setup script.

At any rate, sometimes (50%?) I tried to run taskexp it would not start and complain about only running one copy of bitbake at a time.
When I saw this I would do a ps -a and see that there was one (or occasionally 2) Cooker processes running.
When I tried regular kill they would not die, kill -9 did kill them.

At least one time I also so processes names Parser or something like that.  I believe these also required kill -9.

Last night I tried to reproduce this problem to capture specifics.  I failed to reproduce the problem.

[I did check Bugzilla and did not see a match]

Bill