[yocto] Yocto Beginner Issues When Adding Layers / Recipes

Paul Barker pbarker at toganlabs.com
Wed May 3 10:54:14 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:58 AM, windswept321 <windswept321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>

> I have been trying to get a build up and running for the past couple of days
> following the latest official quick-start guide with no success (Debian 8 —>
> Debian 7 —> Ubuntu LTS…)

> bb.data_smart.ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable PYPI_SRC_URI,
> expression was ${@pypi_src_uri(d)} which triggered exception TypeError:
> getVar() missing 1 required positional argument: 'expand'

This looks like the error I'd expect when mixing an older branch of
poky with the master branch of meta-openembedded or meta-amd. Could
you ensure that all git repositories are checked out at the same
branch (eg. morty) and then re-try. If you still have issues after
that could you post the commit hashes for each repository.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker
Co-Founder & Principal Engineer