[yocto] Redis on Yocto

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Wed May 3 06:55:24 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Pello Heriz <
pello.heriz at alumni.mondragon.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement Redis in an image that I have created with Yocto
> master branch. What I have understood is that there are some recipes into
> meta-oe layer that support to have Redis in the created image. Anyway, what
> steps do I need to do in order to install/start-up/execute Redis in the
> created image on MPSoC QEMU?

As soon as meta-oe is in your conf/bblayers.conf, adding the following line
to your conf/local.conf should be enough to get the server enabled at boot
(at least with systemd as the chosen init system) with default
configuration
from meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-extended/redis/redis/redis.conf in
whatever image you are building.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " redis"

You might want to override the default configuration with an appropriate
bbappend in one of your custom layers..