[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue May 2 08:27:21 PDT 2017

Attendees: Joshua Watt, David, Stephen, Patrick, Ross, Michael, Bill, Richard, Jefro, Brian, Randy, Juan, Joshua Lock, Stephano, Pascal, Jair, Zach, Leo,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.3 M4 rc4 is in QA - https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status#Summary_Report.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

YP 2.4 Planning is underway.  Please enter you enhancement requests into Bugzilla.
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status (Not yet available)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule (Not yet available)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

* Opens - 10 min
Discussed Documentation status for YP 2.3.  It is still in process.
Discussed YP 2.4 high level tasks.  Currently planning a complete document review, new web site, and high level layer tool for bitbake support.  Themes might be project public presentation and improved usability of the project. They are still under discussion.

* Team Sharing - 10 min
We discussed that we are considering doing an YP 2.1.3 and 2.2.2 soon.   YP 2.1.3 would be the last release in the 2.1.x series.
We discussed RSS (Recipe Specific Sysroots) and Gcc 7.x status. Gcc 7.x shouldn't be a major issue and early in 2.4.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:     (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:              (208) 244-4460
* Email:                stephen.k.jolley at intel.comYP