[yocto] Meaning of 'Support Level' column in https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 30 12:53:06 PDT 2017

Hi Alain,

On Friday, 31 March 2017 7:44:22 AM NZDT Alain Achkar wrote:
> We are currently on Jethro and planning to upgrade to Krogoth (can't use
> Morty yet, since Freescale/NXP hasn't released Morty yet).
>
> Just wondering what the meaning of the 'Support Level' column is, or if you
> can point me to documentation about it.

"Development" means that the release is currently being worked on.

"Stable" means that the release is a stable release and will receive backports
of important security / bug fixes (but not features).

"Community" means that maintenance is left up to the community - in reality
that means that it is no longer officially maintained, but well-tested patches
may still be accepted.

There's another page with policy information that may be helpful:

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Stable_branch_maintenance

Cheers,
Paul

--