[yocto] NVIDIA Drivers

Alvaro Garcia maxpowel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:41:25 PDT 2017

I'm not sure, I started with yocto about a week ago. What I did is exactly:
1. Added to bblayers.conf the layer
/home/alvaro/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe (previously I downloaded this
meta, needed for x11vnc)
2. Added a custom layer /home/alvaro/poky/meta-unclutter (it just compile
the application and copy it to /usr/bin)
3. In local.conf, added CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "xf86-video-nouveau
unclutter alsa-utils x11vnc gconf"
4. Run MACHINE=genericx86-64 bitbake core-image-x11

Then I installed the image into my device. Everything worked as expected
but the nouveau driver. Is this correct or I forgot some step?