[yocto] NVIDIA Drivers

Alvaro Garcia maxpowel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:47:26 PDT 2017

Hi, I have built an image based on poky core-image-x11. Everything went
fine but the graphic card drivers. I want more resolution than the provided
by vesa (800x600) so I really need this drivers.

I tried this guacamayo recipe
https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/3272/ but can't compile
(too old, maybe unmaintained?). Also tried the recipe xf86-video-nouveau
(it is blacklisted but in krogoth it compiles right) but when I boot the
image, the nouveau driver is not used. My knowledges are very low to even
try to cross compile the nvidia propietary drivers (and can't find any
reference) so now I'm stucked. My machine is a zotac zbox, it came with
angstrom but now I want to build my own image.

I came from ubuntu world where the drivers are installed automatically so
at this point I'm totally lost. Can you bring me some light?

Thank you