[yocto] Current situation with gobject introspection?

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Tue Mar 28 01:39:56 PDT 2017

On 28 March 2017 at 11:05, <colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com> wrote:

> I’m currently using Jethro (though about to move to Krogoth), and have an
external package which need gobject introspection. I’m building on 64-bit
x86, for ARM iMX6 target.

> I’ve been searching around to work out if this is possible under Yocto,
but not sure which of the info I’ve found is up-to-date.

> So I wondered what the latest [krogoth] situation is – am I likely to be
able to get this package to build, and where/how might I get started?

> Thanks

Hi Colin,

Alexander can give you the gory details if needed but the summary is:
Krogoth has full gobject-introspection support (for architectures that qemu
supports), jethro does not.

There is a distro feature but it is backfilled by default so no action
should be needed. For many libraries you only need to inherit the class,
but do read the fine manual just in case:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#enabling-gobject-introspection-support

Jussi