[yocto] a cmake recipe with subdirectories?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Sat Mar 25 02:30:52 PDT 2017

Hello, Yocto.
I wonder which is the common / recommended way of preparing a recipe for the following project?

I have a source tree with 2 subdirectories A, B.
Both A and B are cmake based source trees - each has CMakeLists.txt file of its own.
Then, when I build I would:

- checkout sync source for A and B
- build A (cd A; cmake; make)
- build B (cd ../B; cmake; make)

Where, build A produces headers and libraries to be used when building B.

Since this is rather a single software package, I want to make one Yhocto recipe that do the above A build and B build.

But looking into what cmake.bbclass does, it just configure against one CMakeList.txt and build tree?

I think writing two recipes for A and B, I can build them individually, but if I can I want to avoid it since it involves unpacking the same source tree twice, in two recipes.
(though, it will be somehow cached in bitbake procedure and it is not a complete duplicate..)

Any suggestion / coment is highly appreciated.