[yocto] Morty 2.2.1 build failure

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Fri Mar 24 01:17:07 PDT 2017

On 23 March 2017 at 22:11, Greg Wilson-Lindberg <GWilson at sakuraus.com>
wrote:

> Hi Armin & Paul,
>
> First there is nothing in the X log files.
> I'm building on a desktop machine with 12GB of memory and an 8 core
> processor running Kubuntu 14.04.
> I added the PARALLEL_MAKE parameter set to 4, no effect, still built with
> 8 threads, crashed.
> Set BB_NUMBER_THREADS to 4, built with 4 threads, still crashed.

Getting thrown out of your desktop environment probably indicates the core
problem is outside of Yocto -- this is still a fine place to discuss the
issue, just pointing it out. You could keep an eye on 'top' sorted by %MEM
while doing a build: my theory here is that something (like the monstrous
amount of IO) that the build does could trigger a desktop component to do
something stupid that cascades into your desktop shell exiting/crashing.
This could show up as something using more and more memory at some point
during the build.

Hope this helps, sorry for lack of definitive answers,
  Jussi