[yocto] Outreachy 2017 with Yocto Autobuilder Documentation

Juejing Gu Juejing_Gu at iscte.pt
Wed Mar 22 17:21:44 PDT 2017

Hi,
I am Juejing Gu, a PhD student in Strategy and Entrepreneurship from
ISCTE-IUL, Portugal. I have a masters in human resources from the same
university.

Currently I have completed all the course works of my PhD as a third year
student, with just the research going on. As a PhD student, I have summer
vacation during the period of June - September (June, July, August, and
September), which I hope to contribute to Outreachy.

While I was also aiming to apply to GSoC, the projects are intensively
reserved for coding. While I have done my bachelors in Information
Management and Information Systems (from Shenzhen University), I did not do
any coding in the recent years. I would love to use this Outreachy as a
good starting point to refresh myself in FOSS development. At the same
time, the project "Improve Documentation for Yocto Autobuilder" comes
across very interesting to me, as I like to start contributing to open
source documentation during this summer. I aim to help the new developers
and users to use the Autobuilder in a more comfortable manner.

I would like to have some pointers on how to get started on this. More
specifically, *I like to receive a sample documentation task where I can
display my capabilities on documentation prior to the final application
deadline.* I would prefer the task to be actual pending documentation
tasks, so that even if I am not selected to Outreachy this year, my
documentation efforts during the application period won't be wasted. This
will also help me self-evaluate myself at earliest for the project.

I will make a complete application to this project before the 30th of March
(application deadline). In the mean time, I am also looking at Yocto
projects as a user myself.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Juejing Gu.
--
Juejing Gu.
PhD Researcher in Strategy and Entrepreneurship,

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/juejing-gu