[yocto] epiphany for wayland only environemnt?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Fri Mar 17 03:08:39 PDT 2017

Hello, Yocto.

I have looked into recipes index, etc. but I so far I could not figure out clear answer, so if you have status on this, I highly appreciate.

I am looking for a web browser that can (without much effort) be built and run on Yocto based environment, with wayland-only window system (without x11 libraries).

i.e. if such Yocto recipe already exist, it would be a great help.

I can see midori, epiphay, or other browser 'should run' on wayland environment, but it seems they rely graphics libraries that still depends on x11 and in Yocto recipes x11 DISTRO_FEATURES is being set as requirement for them.

Is this still the situation on latest master or morty branches.

If there is an attempt for the similar?