[yocto] Raspberry Pi2 Fails to boot into LXDE.

Yusuke Mitsuki mickey.happygolucky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:26:45 PST 2017

Hello Steve

Would you try to other HDMI display such as PC monitor.

I suspects two points as follows.

* You enabled KMS(such as vc4graphics in MACHINE_FEATURE)
* Your display has not EDID.

If your HDMI settings in config.txt such as follows. There is a high
possibility that your HDMI display does not have EDID.

```
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
```

When your display has not EDID, KMS will fail in initalization.
In such case, you have to create EDID file manually.

I hope this helps.

2017/03/10 14:43 "Gary Thomas" <gary at mlbassoc.com>:

> On 2017-03-10 01:55, Steve Plant wrote:
>
>> OK, I have spent the last day googling my heart out trying to find the
>> Xorg.log file without any luck.
>>

>> The problem is that due to the rpi hanging on boot, the only way I can
>> access the SD card to look for the file is place
>> it in a USB SD card reader and use my VirtualBox based Debian to "ls"
>> directores etc.
>>
>> Having established that there is no file located at /var/log/Xorg.log
>> (there isn't a log directory) but there is a
>> symbolic link in the var directory - goes nowhere.
>>

>> After goggling I discovered that the file could also be in the
>> ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log, however if I try to look
>> there I get "permission denied" and cannot seem to get to the root
>> directory of the card and I can't find a way around
>> this as I'm trying to access this directory through the USB card reader.
>>

>> Looked everywhere with no answers, Is there anyone who could help me
>> here??
>>

> /var/log is on a volatile file system (i.e. it does not live on the SD
> card)
>
> If you can get into your board via SSH, you can copy the file and send it

>>> poky
>>> DL_DIR
>>> /home/steve/poky/downloads
>>> IMAGE_FSTYPES
>>> ext3 jffs2 tar.bz2 rpi-sdimg
>>> IMAGE_INSTALL_append
>>> packagegroup-core-x11-base packagegroup-lxde-base connman
>>> PACKAGE_CLASSES
>>> package_rpm
>>> SSTATE_DIR
>>> /home/steve/poky/sstate-cache