[yocto] Source Code provision without full git repository history

Waldvogel, Sebastian Sebastian.Waldvogel at vector.com
Thu Mar 9 04:55:19 PST 2017

Hello,

I am searching for a way in Yocto/BitBake to extract the source codes of the software applications developed by my company for delivery to our customers.
The source codes shall be delivered as archive containing only the source files without the whole git repository history.

Setup is that we have own Yocto layers/recipes referencing the company internal git repository (SRC_URI="git://git.company.url") and the concrete SRCREV to be used. Basic idea was to use the option BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1" which generates an archive file with the application source code. Unfortunately the generated tarball contains the full bare cloned git repository with full history and not only the source files of the concrete SRCREV.

As alternative I tried to use the archiver class<http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.0.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#providing-the-source-code>. The generated tarballs contains the concrete source files but in addition the full git repository with history is contained too.

Does anyone has an idea how to extract the concrete source files without git repository and history?

Thank you very much for your help
Sebastian Waldvogel