[yocto] cannot build image using sstate

Mircea Gliga mircea.gliga at vitheia.com
Wed Mar 8 23:59:46 PST 2017

Thanks! You are right, the do_deploy_append installs the
image_signed.fit in the ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}(I should have kept that line
in the previous mail also):
do_deploy_append() {
[...]
          #this line creates the image_signed.fit file
           mkimage  [...] image_signed.fit
           install -m 0644  image_signed.fit ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/.
[...]
}

The doc mentions in regards to DEPLOYDIR:
"Recipes inheriting the |deploy| class should copy files to be deployed
into |DEPLOYDIR|, and the class will take care of copying them into
|DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE|
<http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE>
afterwards."

So I should just replace ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE} with ${DEPLOYDIR} and I get
the same behaviour as before + the benefit of sstate cache ?

Thanks