[yocto] Issue: SDK

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sun Mar 5 11:50:15 PST 2017

On Monday, 6 March 2017 6:09:06 AM NZDT SatyaNarayana Sampangi wrote:
> I am trying to develop the application using SDK, everything goes fine, but
> when it comes to compiling it is failing.
>
> The details are given below,
>
> [Satya]/opt/poky/1.6.3
> source environment-setup-cortexa8t2hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
> [Satya]/opt/poky/1.6.3
> ${CC} sample.c -g -o sample
> /opt/poky/1.6.3/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-poky-linux-gnu
> eabi/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.8.2/ld: cannot open output file sample:
> Permission denied
> [Satya]/opt/poky/1.6.3

This is a pretty straightforward error. Either you have a file called "sample"
already existing with permissions that do not allow your current user to
overwrite it, or the directory itself does not have permissions set allowing
you to write files to it. Either way, you probably shouldn't be doing your
work with the standard SDK in the SDK installation path - create a new
directory somewhere more appropriate (e.g. under your home directory) for your
source code and build your files there.

Cheers,
Paul

--