[yocto] any rumblings about a newer YP powerpc reference board than mpc8315e-rdb?

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Fri Mar 3 05:55:24 PST 2017

Ross Burton wrote...

>> it seems of limited value for YP to have a powerpc reference board,
>> mpc8315e-rdb, that is essentially impossible to procure. is there any
>> effort being made to look around for a newer powerpc reference board
>> that people could actually buy?
>
>Do you have any suggestions?

If we are being strictly pedantic then is isn't PowerPC (at least in the world that is Freescale / NXP / Whoever they are this week).

I would look at one of the P10xx series QorIQ boards.  Digi-Key list the P1021RDB-PC-ND and P1024RDB-PA-ND as being active parts which are either single or dual e500 cores.

-Andy