[yocto] Error with Cynara pkg_postinst when updating AGL to from morty master

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Mar 2 08:19:11 PST 2017

On Thu, 2017-03-02 at 16:33 +0100, Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source)
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to move AGL from morty to master in order to get a stock
> Kernel 3.9.
> I have moved meta-intel, poky and open embedded to master branches.
>
> I am blocked on an error that I do not understand in th pkg_postinst
> section.
> the error code is: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'getVar'
>
> As the only getVar is happening  in the Version setting
> VERSION=${@bb.data.getVar('PV',d,1).split('+git')[0]}
> I wonder if something has hanged in bb.data but I could not find
> anything obvious.

bb.data.getVar() has been deprecated for a while and was finally
removed. Use d.getVar('PV') instead on master (no additional parameters
needed, expansion is on by default).

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.