[yocto] Yocto create tar image Permissions error, tar: ./etc/gshadow+: Cannot open: Permission denied

Tomáš Galbička galbicka.tomas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:48:59 PST 2017

Hello,

I am using Yocto Project Krogoth 2.1.2.

And sometimes it happens to me that in the final stage
create tar image do_package it will fire error bellow about wrong
permissions.

tar: ./etc/gshadow+: Cannot open: Permission denied

It happens when tar is doing archive.
I am doing always clean build and it happens like every 3 or 4 times.

I have not find any resolution for this anywhere.
It looks like build will set wrong permissions what that file or something
----------.   1 user all-users    0 Mar  1 18:10 ./etc/gshadow+

Have you encounter this issue?
Have it could have been solved?

Build Under CentOS 7