[yocto] Compilation error : No GNU_HASH in elf bianry

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:50:32 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Pawar, Alok <Alok.Pawar3 at harman.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using krogoth release and I am facing one issue in custom bitbake file.
>

> When I am doing bitbake with custom bb file the following error is coming :
>
> “No GNU_HASH in the elf binary”
>
> In custom bb file, I am trying to copy precompiled binary and library.
>
> I tried also with Flag : FILES_${PN} += , but face same issue.

this error means you have an issue in Makefiles where
linker flags are not being respected.

I would suggest to add CFLAGS and LDFLAGS both to
linker cmdline in Makefile.

Other option is to set

TARGET_CC_ARCH += "${LDFLAGS}"

in your bb file but I would rather like to see it fixed in
right place which is the Makefile.