[yocto] [meta-chip] Jenkins, reviews and mailing list

Petter Mabacker petter at technux.se
Mon Jun 26 21:18:13 PDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 17:12 +0100, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > We've been testing a setup with meta-raspberrypi which seems to
> > work fine:
> >
> > > PR to github integrated with a jenkins server and use mailing
> > list for
> >
> > > discussions.
> >

> > > I propose to copy the same setup to meta-chip too.
> >

> > That's all fine. As the maintainer (thank you!) you're welcome to
> > use
> >
> > whatever workflow with which you're the happiest... as long as you
> >
> > update the "Contributing" section of the README :-)
> >

> Sure. That makes sense.

Hi Andrei,
I fully agree with Trevor, just update the README and lets rock! :) But
like you say I also believe it's good if people can take the time to
also send the patches to mailing list, so we don't risk losing those
valuable discussions that often is initated through the mailing list
(since more people will track the changes that way). My opinion is that
this have work good for meta-raspberrypi, so cannot see any reasons why
it should work great for meta-chip as well.
Let us know when jenkins is up-and-running!
Cheers Petter