[yocto] [meta-chip] Jenkins, reviews and mailing list

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Mon Jun 26 06:21:12 PDT 2017

Hello all,

We've been testing a setup with meta-raspberrypi which seems to work fine:
PR to github integrated with a jenkins server and use mailing list for
discussions. I recommend people pushing their patches to the mailing list
too even if they send pull requests so people who don't use github that
much can have a chance to be informed on what is changing. We've been
dragging this setup for a couple of months (I think) now and it looks great
especially easing the work of the maintainer.

I propose to copy the same setup to meta-chip too. We will be using the
same server for jenkins (https://yocto-ci.resin.io/) and the github
repository https://github.com/agherzan/meta-chip .  Yes, I am aware of
multiple forks of the same repository but given that this repository saw
some activity lately I will consolidate the work hoping that the other
repositories will contribute back to it.

Any comments?

Regards,
Andrei