[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Configure eth0 to come up with Link-Local IPv6 address only

Thomas Thorne Thomas.Thorne at net2edge.com
Mon Jun 19 09:45:05 PDT 2017

I was unable to get the Raspberry Pi 3 I am targeting to start with eth0 up and only an IPv6 link local address present on eth0, using only a /etc/network/interfaces file.  In the end I added shell script under /etc/rc5.d which called out to `ifconfig eth0 up`.  This brought eth0 up with only a IPv6 link local address.

If someone has a solution using just /etc/network/interface based settings I would be interested to hear it.

Regards, Thomas Thorne