[yocto] devshell not working for Qt or Boundary Devices based yocto

Jimi Damon jdamon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:46:45 PDT 2017

Hi,

I created a yocto group and user for performing these builds.

The yocto user has the basic Ubuntu default account ( comes from a
simple useradd ... )

I verified that this user is able to perform the exact same bitbake -c
devshell gettext that fails for other username ( same exact location on
the filesystem after a sudo chgrp -R yocto $directory && sudo chmod -R
g+rw  $directory ).

I'm guessing something is going wrong with the fakeroot command as I'm
now seeing the terminal show up for just a second and then close when I
try running this devshell as my original username.

I'm not sure which setting in my bash shell is causing this error so I'm
all ears for any suggestions.

-Jimi