[yocto] devshell not working for Qt or Boundary Devices based yocto

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 15 01:47:46 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 15 June 2017 5:12:19 AM CEST Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2017-06-15 01:58, Jimi Damon wrote:
> > I'm trying out two different yocto distributions and in each one the
> > devshell doens't work. Instead it just gets to the
> > Summary line and returns to my normal shell ( bash ) .
>
> What are you expecting to happen?  'devshell' is just that - a shell
> environment (e.g. bash) where you are set up to "develop" (tinker, explore,
> etc) the given recipe.

I think Jimi is saying that it doesn't appear to be launching a separate
terminal / shell. Right?

Assuming that's what's happening, the devshell code is supposed to print out
an error when it can't launch a suitable terminal, but if the terminal isn't
doing what it should then that might leave you in this situation. Does
log.do_devshell for the recipe indicate anything?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton