[yocto] [bitbake] How to figure out that a recipe is executed during the populatye_sdk task ?

Karim ATIKI karim_atiki at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 08:29:40 PDT 2017

I wrote a recipe for our ARM board linux that compiles a bunch of sources and produces some binary executables for the target board.

Everything is done properly with do_compile, do_install etc.

The binary executables that need to be deployed on the target board are installed in do_install handler.

Now, as we build the related SDK of our image (using bitbake -k my-image -c populate_sdk) we need to install more binaries  from the recipe above.

Is there a flag in Yocto that indicates us that the recipe is called during a populate_sdk task ?

What's the right proper way to achieve it, knowing that we are obliged by the board vendor to use poky Dora.

Thanks.

Best Regards,