[yocto] Setting directories permissions

Laurent Gauthier laurent.gauthier at soccasys.com
Tue Jun 13 05:16:13 PDT 2017

Hi Oliver,

It is not not clear to me what the root cause of this could be... Is
this directory shared by several pacakages by any chance?

One trick I am using to figure out in which recipe/package a file or
directory is found is the following (from the build directory):

echo tmp*/work/*/*/*/packages-split/*/etc/folder1

This will give you all recipes and packages that might deliver the
/etc/folder1 directory...

One thing you might want to try is setting its permissions during the
post installation of the package which you can specifiy in your recipe
as follows:

pkg_postinst_${PN} () {
       chmod 775 /etc/folder1
}

I hope this helps, Laurent.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Oliver Graute <oliver.graute at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I try to define a directory permission for a folder to 0775 instead of
> 0755 in my recipe. But somewhere in the install and packaging process
> this is overwritten.
>
> in my receipe I do this:
>
> do_install() {
>     install -m 0775 -d ${D}${sysconfdir}/folder1/folder2/
>

> I expect this on the target:
>
> root at box:/etc/folder1# ls -la
> drwxrwxr-x    2 root     webgrp         512 Jan  1  1970 folder2
>
> but I get only this permissions:
>
> root at box:/etc/folder1# ls -la
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root     webgrp         512 Jan  1  1970 folder2
>

> I also tried to define it in the fs-perms.txt file. But this didn't work
> either.
>
> /etc/folder1/folder2           0775    root    webgrp  false - - -
>
> some clue how to handle such directory permissions the yocto way?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Oliver

Laurent Gauthier
Phone: +33 630 483 429