[yocto] Python 3 internal package dependencies

Craig McQueen craig.mcqueen at innerrange.com
Wed Jun 7 23:47:28 PDT 2017

I found that the Python 3 internal package dependencies are incompletely specified. For example, I wanted to install python3-asyncio for my Python program to use. But when I tried to run it, it was missing some other Python 3 packages that asyncio depended on. I ended up making a Python 3 bbappend file with the following:

RDEPENDS_${PN}-asyncio += "${PN}-selectors"
RDEPENDS_${PN}-misc += "${PN}-multiprocessing"
RDEPENDS_${PN}-io += "${PN}-shell"
RDEPENDS_${PN}-shell += "${PN}-compression"

This just solved my immediate needs; I'm sure it's incomplete.

Is it worth trying to improve the internal package RDEPENDS in the Python 3 recipe, or is it better for recipes for Python apps to just manually list all the sub-dependencies as needed?

--
Craig McQueen