[yocto] libpam-systemd not built, but enabled in systemd PACKAGECONFIG

Ferry Toth ftoth at exalondelft.nl
Sat Jun 3 05:17:23 PDT 2017

Khem Raj wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Ferry Toth
> <ftoth at exalondelft.nl> wrote:
>> That is when building systemd with morty.
>>
>> I have DISTRO_FEATURES pam set, but I find --disable-pam in the configure
>> log.
>>
>> In fact only --enable-split-usr  --enable-xz and --enable-nls are set
>> according to the log. None of these are set through PACKAGECONFIG.
>>
>> And everything that is set through PACKAGECONFIG is --disabled...
>>
>> It looks inverted..
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Can you show output of
>
> bitbake -e systemd | grep -e "^DISTRO_FEATURES="

DISTRO_FEATURES="systemd alsa argp bluetooth ext2 largefile usbgadget
usbhost wifi xattr zeroconf pci pam ipv4 ipv6 libc-backtrace libc-big-macros
libc-bsd libc-cxx-tests libc-catgets libc-charsets libc-crypt
			libc-crypt-ufc libc-db-aliases libc-envz
libc-fcvt libc-fmtmsg libc-fstab libc-ftraverse
		libc-getlogin libc-idn libc-inet-anl libc-libm libc-
locales libc-locale-code
libc-memusage libc-nis libc-nsswitch libc-rcmd libc-rtld-debug libc-spawn
libc-streams libc-sunrpc
libc-utmp libc-utmpx libc-wordexp libc-posix-clang-wchar libc-posix-regexp
libc-posix-regexp-glibc
libc-posix-wchar-io pulseaudio bluez5 gobject-introspection-data"

But thanks for pointing this out, I had looked here before, but I had missed
the following line (bitbake -e systemd | grep -e "PACKAGECONFIG="):

# $PACKAGECONFIG_pn-systemd
#   set /home/ferry/tmp/edison-intel/my/edison-morty/meta-intel-edison/meta-
intel-edison-distro/conf/distro/poky-edison.conf:21
#     "xz"
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-systemd="xz"

I appears I also had a line in my conf:
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-systemd = "xz"

This appears to overrule the distro features.

The conf file is a remnant of:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-edison/tree/meta-intel-edison-distro/conf/distro/poky-edison.conf

So it looks like meta-intel-edison-distro cn never have worked well.