[yocto] SRCPV and SRC_URI

Russell Peterson bluehills7 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 2 15:26:33 PDT 2017

Hello,

I’m writing a new recipe and doing something I think should be simple but instead causes an exception when expanding SRCPV.

SRCREV = “xxxxxxxxxxxx”
SRC_URI = “git://abc.com/xyz.git <git://abc.com/xyz.git>”
PV = “1.2+git${SRCPV}

The above works fine.  Problem is, when I add a patch I get an exception when expanding SRCPV!?

SRC_URI_append = “file://myfile.patch <file:///myfile.patch>”

Adding that simple append line breaks my recipe.

Any clues?  Seems simple but no.  I see countless other recipes that do this.

Regards,

Russell