[yocto] bilding webkit/qtwebengine?

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Fri Jul 28 20:55:20 PDT 2017

Hello.
I am seeing issue with threads/parallel make.  I wonder if anyone has experience/suggestion.

My question: is if it is possible that I set parallel make numbers to lower only for a few recipes that are known to resource hog?

I am building webkig/chrome related recipes (e.g. qtwebengine or alike) as part of my image build.  I have been setting parallel thread / make parameters relatively high in the past, say 20-30.
So far it worked well and it make me finish my build faster.

Then, I added these components to my image, then the build crashes (jenkins killed with lack of memory).
I imagine these components have complex build system within it, so it is more resource hog compared to the other “ordinal” components.

I imagine that by reducing the parallel make configuration numbers to lower, the build will not break for webkits, but at the same time, it will be slower to the other parts of the build.