[yocto] Icecc configuration on mpich ?

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Thu Jul 27 23:13:11 PDT 2017

On 28.07.2017 07:56, Riko Ho wrote:
> How can I port it to MPICH ?

Easy, just do a complete rewrite of the compiler infrastructure :-)

Or did you actually mean "how can I install" instead of "how can I
port"? In that case, the answer is "Not at all."

Seriously, icecc/distcc have absolutely nothing to do with mpich(or any
other comparable mpi/hpc framework). You are mixing up an awful lot of
buzzwords, what is running where and doing what.

If you want to speed up bitbake by using multiple boxes, icecc is your
choice. Follow its own installation procedures for getting started.

mpich seems to be a framwork/infrastructure for hpc applications, which
is something completely different.

And generally, all this shbang is not worth the effort. Are you really
running multiple hours of builds per day? Would shaving off a couple of
percent from the compilation provide any gain? Mind, its only the
compilation that can be distributed. Not the whole rest that actually
makes up the magic of a bitbake build.

--
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548