[yocto] Problems with 'configure' on own recipe [after moving to morty]

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Tue Jul 25 07:08:48 PDT 2017

This is gonna be a bit of a hard one to describe concisely, but hoping
someone can advise me on solving it....
I have a recipe of my own for an app (NetworkManager) which fetches the
source from its git repo. This recipe works on krogoth, but is throwing up
configure errors on morty.

The recipe has a
do_configure_prepend() {
    ( cd ${S} ; NOCONFIGURE=yes ./autogen.sh )
}
  - I seemed to need this because the git source has no ABOUT-NLS; not sure
if that's the correct fix, but 'it seemed to work' before.

The final error is
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/share/doc/gtk-doc.make':
Permission denied
| cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/share/doc/gtk-doc.make': Permission
denied

I'm not sure why it's trying to make the symlink in the build machine's root
(as I say, it doesn't do this on krogoth)

I'm also getting a lot of:
| NOTE: Skipping setscene dependency
virtual:native:/home/colin/100051-trunk/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/
recipes-devtools/pseudo/pseudo_1.8.1.bb:do_populate_sysroot for m4 macro
copying

  - not sure if this is relevant/important

Freely admit I'm no autotools expert, so any suggestions welcome! Thanks