[yocto] Migrating from krogoth to morty (can't boot fitImage)

Colin Helliwell colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Tue Jul 25 04:38:37 PDT 2017

> On 25 July 2017 at 12:16 Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Colin,
>
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 12:21 PM, <colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to migrate my krogoth environment to morty. I have custom recipes
> > for u-boot and kernel; the only change necessary to build under morty was to
> > patch u-boot for gcc6 - other than that the source versions and configs
> > used are the same.
> > On krogoth I can boot a fitImage kernel, but not on morty. (uImage works on
> > both).
> > Looking at the image info on the morty image, it looks like the load/entry
> > addresses are completely wrong.
> Do you have those variables in your conf: UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT and
> UBOOT_LOADADDRESS.
> For details please check: meta/classes/kernel-fitimage.bbclass

Ah yes, thanks that was the problem - added UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT and it now boots.
(I have my own machine defined, which borrows from meta-freescale-3rdparty/conf/machine/include/tx6-karo-common.inc - there must be some subtle difference between that and the meta-fsl-arm-extra/conf/machine/include/tx6-karo-common.inc that I was using on krogoth)