[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW30’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Jul 24 07:46:39 PDT 2017

Current Dev Position: Preparing for YP 2.4 M2 for QA

Next Deadline: YP 2.4 M2 Cut off was July 17, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Joshua -> Armin on July 21, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Saul on July 14, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        YP 2.3.1 (pyro) was released.

·        The bitbake server rework has merged and bitbake now always starts a server as a background process and reconnects to it. The server can optionally stay in memory. We have reports of timeout issues where bitbake appears to be attempting to connect to a server in the midst of shutting down. We’ve identified one issue with prserv causing issues and patches have been posted to address this. There may be other issues causing slow server shutdown and we need to identify these, any help in doing that is appreciated.

·        We have opted to get the server rework into M2 which means M2 is running slightly behind schedule. We are seeing several oe-selftest failures which we need to resolve before we can build M2. Hopefully these will be resolved so we can get a build into QA early this week.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.2 Cut off June 5, 2017 - Not ready to do an rc2 yet.

YP 2.2.2 Release by June, 16 2017

YP 2.3.2 Cut off Aug 7, 2017

YP 2.3.2 Release by Aug. 18, 2017

Key YP 2.4 Dates are:

YP 2.4 M2 Cut off is July 17, 2017

YP 2.4 M2 Release by July 28, 2017

YP 2.4 M3 Cut off is Aug. 21, 2017

YP 2.4 M3 Release by Sept. 1, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Cut off is Sept. 18, 2017

YP 2.4 M4 (Final) Release by Oct. 20, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2488 (last week 2495)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                          stephen.k.jolley at intel.com