[yocto] [dizzy] php 5.4.36 compilation with postgresql 9.3.4

kris duff t_dufff at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 19 11:37:13 PDT 2017

Hello,
For a few weeks (part time) I am trying to add to my image php support (under lighttpd/fastcgi) with postgresql support.
The php module can get compiled and used without pgsql support.
I have created a php_5.4.36.bbappend file that contains this :
-----------------------------------------------------------------FILES_${PN} += "/usr/lib"
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

export LPQLIBDIR = "${STAGING_LIBDIR}"
export LPQINCLUDEDIR = "${STAGING_INCDIR}"  DEPENDS = "postgresql postgresql-native pg-config-custom"
EXTRA_OECONF += " --with-pgsql=${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${EXEC_PREFIX} --with-pdo-pgsql=${D}${bindir}"

I know, I should have used PACKAGECONFIG[pgsql] but in my case I prefer not touching local.conf.
when I bitbake my image, I see the following message :
ERROR: This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host include and/or library paths while determining system capabilities.Rerun configure task after fixing this. The path was '/home/yocto/build/tmp/work/core2-64-poky-linux/php/5.4.36-r0/build'ERROR: Function failed: do_qa_configure
from my reading, the problem could be here :checking for pkg-config... /home/yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/pkg-configconfigure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
other than that, looked in the compile log file to find "'CROSS COMPILE Badness:' or 'is unsafe for cross-compilation'"... as seen in insane.bbclass. and found nothing.
How to solve this issue ? Anyone has been able to connect php with pgsql ?
Thank you
Regards
Kris