[yocto] Proper way to rename a downloaded file in SRC_URI

Jimi Damon jdamon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 09:40:52 PDT 2017

I have a recipe that I built for building jzmq, however one of the
issues I have is with the naming of the release files from the github site.

Unlike czmq which has downloads ( zip and tar.gz ) that are named
czmq-${PV}.tar.gz, the downloads from jzmq are just called v${PV}.tar.gz.

How can I rename this file upon download so that the filename is in fact
unique to this package ?

I can definitely see that the file v3.1.0.tar.gz in my downloads
directory is not unique and could conflict with another package that is
similarly named for its releases.

My workaround right now is to use the specific SHA string and use the
git:// protocol, but it would be a bit easier to just use the released
version and change the filename for saving it in downloads.