[yocto] Problem building kernel FIT image with initramfs

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 05:58:42 PDT 2017

Hi,

Using Yocto 2.3 (pyro) I was trying to create a FIT image with the 4.9
linux-fslc kernel and an initramfs image.  following the instructions
it failed during do_bundle_initramfs.  After debugging I found that it
moves the fitImage file to fitImage.bak and then runs a second pass
and renames the new fitImage to fitImage.initramfs but fitImage is
never created on this second pass but  fitImage-${INITRAMFS_IMAGE} is
created.

If I comment out the line that does this rename every builds fine

echo "Resoring Kernel Image"
for tp in $tmp_path ; do
  type=`echo $tp|cut -d "#" -f 1`
  linkpath=`echo $tp|cut -d "#" -f 2`
  realpath=`echo $tp|cut -d "#" -f 3`
  if [ -n "$realpath" ]; then
    mv -f $realpath $realpath.initramfs
    mv -f $realpath.bak $realpath
    ln -sf $linkpath.initramfs ${B}/${KERNEL_OUTPUT_DIR}/$type.initramfs
  else

    #mv -f ${KERNEL_OUTPUT_DIR}/$type ${KERNEL_OUTPUT_DIR}/$type.initramfs
    mv -f ${KERNEL_OUTPUT_DIR}/$type.bak ${KERNEL_OUTPUT_DIR}/$type
  fi
done