[yocto] PERF - LINUX - ARM

george emad gemad at outlook.com
Mon Jul 10 02:38:40 PDT 2017

Hello ,

I was tying to use perf on Renesas target and i  configured the yocto "local.conf" as showed in this link

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Tracing_and_Profiling#General_Setup
Tracing and Profiling - Yocto Project<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Tracing_and_Profiling#General_Setup>
wiki.yoctoproject.org
Tracing and Profiling in Yocto . Yocto bundles a number of tracing and profiling tools - this 'HOWTO' describes their basic usage and shows by example how to make use ...

perf is working good but i need to monitor the context switches which require to use "$ perf timechart"

command , and the command can't find this path "/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events"

so what should I do in order to get this folder and its files compiled with my kernel?

Thanks in Advance.