[yocto] Yocto build at Kali

Rafael Machado rafaelrodrigues.machado at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 19:15:33 PDT 2017

Hi everyone

I need your help. For the last several days, I've being trying to compile a
yocto based project with no success. So in case someone can help me this
would be really nice :)

Follow the details of the problem.
On my development system, I have installed a kali linux (debian)  4.9.0.

http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2017.1/kali-linux-2017.1-amd64.iso

The project I'm trying to compile is from SECO, for the Q974 som.
It can be found here:

http://www.seco.com/prods/other/form-factor/qseven-7-x-7/q7-974.html

At this page you can find the BSP (board support package), but it cannot be
done, as described at the .pdf available at the BSP package. Doing the same
steps at debian, ubuntu and fedora, everything works fine, but at Kali it
fails with the message:

"File "/media/sda3/open_env/openembedded-core/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 34,
in <module>

    import bb
  File "/media/sda3/open_env/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py",
line 77, in <module>
    from bb import fetch2 as fetch
  File "/media/sda3/open_env/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/__init__.py",
line 38, in <module>
    import bb.persist_data, bb.utils
  File "/media/sda3/open_env/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py",
line 35, in <module>

It seems to be the same problem as described at these two posts:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36395831/importerror-no-module-named-bb
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=12006

But no resolution works as expected.
Does anyone can try to help?