[yocto] xorg-xserver and gtk+3 do_configure fail in poky-pyro

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Thu Jul 6 01:30:00 PDT 2017

On 5 July 2017 at 17:10, Joseph Ngigi <jngigiw at gmail.com> wrote:
> | checking for GDK_DEP... no
> | configure: error: Package requirements (pango pangocairo gdk-pixbuf-2.0
>= 2.30.0 cairo >= 1.14.0 cairo-gobject >= 1.14.0 gio-unix-2.0 >= 2.49.4
fontconfig x11 xext xi xrandr xcursor xfixes xcomposite xdamage
wayland-client >= 1.9.91 wayland-protocols >= 1.7 xkbcommon >= 0.2.0
wayland-cursor >= 1.9.91 wayland-egl   cairo-xlib cairo epoxy >= 1.0) were
not met:

> | No package 'wayland-egl' found

This could be a bug in gtk+3 recipe when using something else than mesa:
The wayland packageconfig depends on "virtual/mesa" when it maybe needs
"virtual-egl" instead -- what it's really looking for wayland-egl.pc (which
is normally provided by mesa but I guess on your system it's something
else).

As an aside I have to admit the definitions of our various
virtual-whatevers are not clear to me at all... Is this something we could
reasonably document better ?

> | checking for GLAMOR... yes
> | checking for GBM... no
> | configure: error: Glamor for Xorg requires gbm >= 10.2.0

Here the glamor packageconfig seems to be missing a dependency on something
that provides libgbm (again we probably don't normally notice this because
the provider is mesa). My guess is that "virtual/libgl" _usually_ provides
libgbm, so adding that to glamor packageconfig dependencies might be a fix.

HTH,
 Jussi