[yocto] Empty "normal" package, filled dev and dbg packages, tr-50 lib

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 31 17:50:47 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 10:04:50 AM NZDT Paul Eggleton wrote:
> What you really need to do is look in the install destination directory -
> i.e. the "image" subdirectory under the work directory - you can find the
> latter pretty easily if you're unsure:
>
> bitbake -e tr-50 | grep ^WORKDIR=
>
> Where are files being installed under there? Are there any files there at
> all? Once we see what's there we can figure out what the fix will be.

Actually I just tried this here and it seems like libtr50 is not set up to
write out standard versioned libraries - the authors have chosen their own
scheme. To work around this you can add the following to the recipe:

FILES_SOLIBSDEV = "${libdir}/libtr50.so"
FILES_${PN} += "${libdir}/libtr50-*.so"

BTW, missing from your original email were the warnings / errors that you
surely should have seen printed (assuming you haven't disabled them). For
future reference those would have been useful to have.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton