[yocto] Test packages and staging area conflicts

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:56:05 PST 2017

I've been using testing packages so that they can be built from SCM testing
branches and quickdly deployed to package repository. This makes new
testing releases avaible to software developers and they can installs it by
using package manager. The testing packages are the same as production
packages except that they don't go to the image, they conflict with
production packages (so asking for installing removes the production
package as expected) and they have a -text suffix.

The problem with this aproach is that the testing and production packages
conflict so I face this warnings at each compilation of any of both:

WARNING: The recipe foo-test is trying to install files into a shared area
when those files already exist.

And buil

How to aproach that? Am I doing something stupid?

Regards,

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*