[yocto] Where to find help for yocto application and and system development

Leon Woestenberg leon at sidebranch.com
Fri Jan 27 05:39:21 PST 2017

Hi Jakob,

welcome on-board.

The Yocto community expects you to re-use the available documentation and
online resources (or even offline resources like books) on Yocto or
OpenEmbedded. Then if things remains unclear you can ask questions here on
the mailing list and on IRC channels yocto.

Your question (and probably a lot of subsequent things you learn on the
way) can be answered by the documentation and existing resources.

I would recommend to read the documentation, then find an existing recipe
that uses "autotools" and another that DEPENDS on openssl.

There are a lot of resources online:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-recipe-writing-a-new-recipe

https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/community/irc

Regards,