[yocto] Changing over to systemd (no dhcp)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Jan 23 01:19:03 PST 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 07:47 +0000, colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com wrote:
> Looking at one which does seem to switch over cleanly - dropbear - I'm
> puzzled how the recipe [dropbear.inc, in poky/meta/recipes-core]
> appears to install both init.d script and .service in its do_install,
> yet only one or the other ultimately shows up in the rootfs..?
> (Relates to my other question about how to determine the init type in
> do_install)

systemd.bbclass has a rm_sysvinit_initddir postfunc for do_install which
removes sysvinit config files if the DISTRO_FEATURES enable systemd and
do not enable sysvinit.

rm_systemd_unitdir does the opposite when systemd is disabled and only
sysvinit is enabled.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.