[yocto] Yocto - Building initramfs to run a shell script for the support of IMA/EVM

Rick Altherr raltherr at google.com
Fri Jan 20 09:07:51 PST 2017

Did you look at
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb?
You do want to use the core-image class but some of the variables need to
be adjusted to build an initramfs.  OpenBMC does something similar to what
you are describing with their obmc-phosphor-initramfs (
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-phosphor/common/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-initramfs.bb)
that does a few things like applying staged rootfs updates before mounting
the rootfs.