[yocto] Changing over to systemd (no dhcp)

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Fri Jan 20 05:59:59 PST 2017

Thanks for all the pointers everyone. I've now got (in my distro conf):

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = " sysvinit"

VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_udev = "systemd"

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-systemd = " resolved networkd"

It's booting fine (if 'noisily'!) and starting up dhcp.

I suspect there's also some de-cluttering needed e.g. init.d scripts still
being installed as well as a .service.  On that subject, is there some
clever syntax for a do_install() and/or recipe in order to control which
type of file is installed into rootfs?