[yocto] Whats the better way to maintain the Yocto project for an embedded product - git submodules or repo or using Combo-layer

VanCutsem, Geoffroy geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com
Wed Jan 18 03:46:25 PST 2017

Alexander Kanevskiy (aka Sasha) touched on some of that especially in the context of delivering a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery mechanism in his presentation at the last ELCE in Berlin. You can view his slides here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/Creating%20Continuous%20Delivery%20for%20Yocto%20Based%20IoT%20Distribution%2020161012%20LF.pdf

There is a quick summary of the pro's and con's of using combo-tool vs. git submodule on slide 20.

Geoffroy