[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW03’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Jan 17 08:15:23 PST 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M2

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M2 by Jan 23, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Saul on Jan. 13, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Paul on Jan. 20, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        The 2.2.1 release has been held up by a bug in eSDK which we’re having trouble tracking down, it is fixed in master but we’re not sure where/how. We’ll rebuild and submit to QA once we find it.

·        The M2 deadline is at the end of the week. The oeqa patchset should be posted imminently once the final bugs that testing has discovered are fixed. There is an update about recipe specific sysroot that will be sent to the openembedded-architecture list shortly but good progress is also being made there with a handful of test cases showing issues that still need to be resolved. We don’t yet have performance data on the sysroot changes which is one potential problem still to be determined.

·        We continue to struggle with stabilizing patches coming in from the mailing list and whilst patches are merging, its taking longer to review and test them that we’d like and the flow is slower than it would ideally be.

·        One particular challenge we’re facing is the length of time oe-selftest takes to run. A bitbake change from Jianxun Zhang has sped up the bitbake -S based sstate tests significantly which is a start at improving its speed, we also found an issue that slowed down test case loading but there are many more things which can be done to speed this up and it's an area we’ll need to focus on if we want to improve overall patch throughput.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017 (Will be late)

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 8, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 19, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 22, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 2, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 23, 2017

YP 2.3 M2 Release is Feb. 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is April 28, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2624 (last week 2632)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com